Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 12 THPT tỉnh Ninh Thuận năm 2012 – 2013 môn Tiếng Anh, Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 12 THPT tỉnh Ninh Thuận năm 2012 – 2013 môn Tiếng Anh
- Văn mẫu lớp 7: Đoạn văn nói về lòng say mê văn học hoặc ảnh hưởng của tác phẩm văn học
- Đề thi học sinh giỏi cấp THPT tỉnh Lâm Đồng môn Hóa học
- Kế hoạch giáo dục lớp 6 sách Kết nối tri thức với cuộc sống (13 môn)
- Soạn bài Âm thanh thành phố trang 146
- Phân tích nhân vật Phùng trong “Chiếc thuyền ngoài xa”
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP TỈNH
I. LISTENING (50/200 points)
HƯỚNG DẪN PHẦN THI NGHE HIỂU
– Bài nghe gồm 3 phần, mỗi phần được nghe 2 lần, mỗi lần cách nhau 15 giây, mở đầu và kết thúc mỗi phần nghe có tín hiệu.
– Mở đầu và kết thúc bài nghe có tín hiệu nhạc. Thí sinh có 3 phút để hoàn chỉnh bài trước tín hiệu nhạc kết thúc bài nghe.
– Mọi hướng dẫn cho thí sinh (bằng tiếng Anh) đã có trong bài nghe.
Part 1: You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, B or C) and write your answers in the corresponding numbered boxes.
1. You hear someone talking about women’s football. What is she doing when she speaks?
A. encouraging young girls to support a team
B. suggesting how to attract young girls to the sport
C. asking young girls to take the sport seriously
2. You hear a man talking on the radio about a bag made for use on walking trips. How does this new bag differ from others?
A. It has pockets on the side.
B. You can take off the rain cover.
C. There are some extra features.
3. On the radio, you hear a man discussing a cartoon film about dinosaurs. What aspect of the film disappointed him?
A. the design of the backgrounds
B. the quality of the sound effects
C. the size of the dinosaurs
4. You overhear a couple talking about keeping fit. What do they agree about?
A. the need to be more active
B. the benefits of joining a gym
C. the dangers of too much exercise
5. In a radio play, you hear a woman talking on the phone to a friend. Where does the woman want her friend to meet her?
A. on the beach B. at the bank C. in a shop
6. You hear a student talking to his friend about a meeting with his tutor. What was the student’s purpose in meeting his tutor?
A. to see if there was a part -time job available
B. to ask for financial assistance
C. to request more time to complete coursework
7. You hear a man talking about learning how to paint landscapes. What does he say about it?
A. It proved easier than he had thought.
B. It showed him he had some talent .
C. It opened up opportunities for him.
8. You turn on the radio and hear a man talking. What is he talking about?
A. finding friendship B. solving problems C. helping others
Part 2: For questions 9 – 18, you will hear a conversation between a student and a job advisor. Questions 9 and 10, complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Student is studying (9)________________
Student is in the (10)________________ year of the course.
Questions 11 and 13, comple te the table below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Questions 14 and 18, complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Part 3: For questions 19 – 25, you are going to hear a talk about some British customs. Listen carefully and complete the notes below by writing NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS in the spaces provided.
In Britain, there is a common saying, “An Englishman’s home is (19)_______________.” It’s important to act thoughtfully if you are living in a (20) _______________ or are visiting a British home. There are a few British customs. You should be punctual for meals. Make your own bed and keep your room (21) _______________ . When you stay with a British family for several days, you should give (22)_______________when you leave. British people normally wait until (23) _______________ has got their food before they start eating. You’d better use (24) _______________ and title if you are unsure how to call them. At a formal meal, the host (25) _______________ expect guests to help with household chores.
II. LEXICO – GRAMMAR (40/200 points)
Part 1: Choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) to each of the following questions and write your answers in the corresponding numbered boxes.
26. Jack has decided to __________ the time he spends watching television .
A. run out of B. see to C. cut down on D. come up with
27. The hotel was terrible, but the wonderful beach __________ our disappointment.
A. make up for B. got over C. faced up to D. saw to
28. I have a/an __________ in computer aided design and three years’ experience.
A. lesson B. course C. examination D. qualification
29. I usually buy the clothes __________ . It is cheaper than going to a dressmaker.
A. off the peg B. on the house C. in public D. on the shelf
30. __________ the heavy rain, all flights were cancelled.
A. Because B. Since C. Due to D. As
31. __________ more responsible she wouldn’t have lost her job.
A. If she would be B. Had she been C. Would she be D. If she has been
32. I wish you __________ making so much noise! I just need to relax for a while.
A. will stop B. stop C. had stopped D. would stop
33. The burglar didn’t turn on the lights __________ be seen by the neighbours.
A. so that not B. so as not to C. so that to not D. so as to not
34. Now that she’s moved to the suburbs, she misses __________ by her friends.
A. to be visited B. have been visited C. being visited D. been visited
35. “What time are you planning to __________ on your trip tomor row?”
“We haven’t decided yet.”
A. set off B. turn on C. make for D. run along
Part 2: Write the correct FORM of each bracketed word in the numbered space provided in each column on the right. (0) has been done as an example.
Part 4: The passage below contains 5 mistakes. Underline the mistakes and write their correct forms the space provided in the column on the right. (0) has been done as an example.
III. READING (50/200 points)
Part 1: Fill each of the following numbered blanks with ONE suitable word and write your answers in the corresponding boxes provided below the passage.
Have you ever asked yourself why it is that we work? If it is, as some people say, just a question of money, would you be prepared to do any job as long as you (46) _______ a lot, even if it involved working for long hours in appalli ng (47) _______? Or are you perhaps more interested in the (48) _______ you get when you feel that you are good at your job? It’s true that there is a great sense of (49) _______ behind, for example, the creation of a well -made product, or the clinching of an important deal, though this might not be the ( 50) _______ if you were serving in a shop or delivering letters. Still, as long as the customers are satisfied, then you can ( 51) _______ yourself on a job well done, and feel that you have contributed to the success of the company that (52) _______ you. On the other hand, would you feel that your work was more worthwhile if you received more praise from your employers? Would you feel happier if they paid you a ( 53) _______ or sent you to a sales conference in Tahiti? Or is praise unnecessary, as long as the job ( 54) _______ you with the company of other people, and the feeling that you belong to the group? Most of us are probably too ( 55) _______ working to wonder too much about this. One day perhaps we’ll f ind that ideal job which gives life meaning, but until then we’ll just get up every morning and keep on working.
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết